Monday, October 22, 2012

10/1/2012

Dear Family,

So my new companion arrived last Wednesday. His name is Elder Carpio. He is from Guatamala and has only 3 months 'til he finishes his mission. I am still in the same area, San Luis Huanaco Peru, and loving it.  My comp knows so much about the scriptures I can begin reading a verse anywhere in the bible and he will tell me what book and between 2-3 chapters of where it is.... he is awesome and knows so much. I get along great with him and we are working hard.

However, this week I had my first big experience with mormon haters. My comp and I were walking off to the side of the road. There was a pretty big puddle in the dirt, but it was off the asphalt road so we thought we were fine. Then this car swerved off the asphalt splashing water all over my companion and me, then turned back on the road and left. At first I was mad, but I looked down and I nor my comp were wet or dirty...call it what you want, but in my eyes it was a miracle.

Last Saturday was Johan, one of my recent converts birthday.  I passed by and gave him a white shirt and one of my ties. He showed up to church dressed and looked bombdiggity. That Sunday we taught him about the priesthood and he was excited to talk to the branch president about getting the priesthood.  He is a great guy and a real convert to the church.

This week I had what is called papas rellenos or refilled potatoes. They are different than refilled potatoes and when I get home I want to make everybody one. They are delicios!!!!!!!!!!!!

The work as always is hard, but worth it. I was feeling a little discouraged this week because we didn't have baptisms until I read in Preach my gospel pg 10.... it talks about how a missionary can really measure if they are having success, and list about ten points analyze yourself.  One of the ones that hit me hard was "you concern yourself with the salvation of souls of your investigators and their desires to serve god... " I am not trying to get into my head that I am not here to baptize only, but to really save the lives of people. It helped me to think like that.

As always, I love you guys and miss you like you wouldn't believe...but, I need to be here.

love everyone so much chau.........

No comments:

Post a Comment