Tuesday, July 31, 2012

7/23/2012

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry again for last weeks letter. I was so mad I couldn't write all I wanted to, but I will try to write it all now.

Congrats to Dad and your pinning on. Em sent me pictures and you looked awesome. Mom, thanks for your prayers as always. Em and John thanks for fasting and Emilee for the pictures. Whit I hope your baby shower went awesome. Alli thanks for keeping up the blog, I owe you big time. Soren, hope magic mountain was bomb. Hannah stay beautiful. Lukie you need to watch rugby because I have been playing it a lot down here and it is soooo fun.

First off, I just got a bunch of letters that were from way back on July 4th. Apparently you can send envelopes of stuff  to the mission office. They inspect it and then once a month they send a big package of all your stuff to you. So I will only be getting your letters once a month. But dear elders do get here every month, so yeah that's cool.

This week we had a baptism of an 18 year old girl named Deysi. Her family is all Catholic except her mom, and she had to wait until she was 18 to be baptized. She has a wonderful testimony.  She was a great person to teach. We have a lot of investigators who want to get baptized, but the problem here in Peru is that nobody is married. It is a lot of money to get married here, and most of them really can't afford it. But a lot of them have promised to start saving up and we are going to talk to the obispo to see if we can help that way. 

Last P-day we went to ambo and hiked up these waterfall trails. It was so awesome, but my legs are full of bug bites. I will send pictures in the other email.

This week for service we helped build a wall around a members house using only dirt, clay and our feet. I don't have pics but it was soooo awesome. So Soren-- waboosh-- we are doing the same thing just with different materials.

One thing that is funny here is that when we walk down the street at least three times a day, there are people that cross themselves because we are Mormons. It gives me a good laugh.

I have had rice for every lunch and dinner since I got to Peru, and I don't think it will change. But I crave it now. Like, I have to have rice or I am not full.... haha

Hope every one is well. Please know I love you and think of you often and can feel your prayers. Do a good deed daily and hug those cats....

ELDER LARSON

P-day
El Libro De Mormon!
Elder Larson and Deysi

No comments:

Post a Comment