Wednesday, May 16, 2012

05/16/2012

Hello Everyone!!!!!!
It was great to hear how everyone is doing. Congrats to Whitney and Ian on the news of the baby! So excited I am goiong to be an uncle. Sorry if i don't say all that I want to.  There is a timer when missionaries write emails and it will just kick you off if you don't hurry.
First off, Happy Mothers Day to Mom! The way it sounded the card got there in time? I would have called but I wasn't allowed to email or call.... but knowing mom she understands ;)  Congrats to Lukas on his win in the playoffs and to Soren you are a spoiled punk for being able to have a LIMO for Prom!!! JK that is actually really cool.

This week has been way way better than my first week. I am much healthier and feel great. Teaching of investigators went a lot better too. We received two new investigators and I am starting to develop a love for induvidual people, which seems to be essential to missionary work. I memorized the missionary purpose in spanish and am now wiorking on the Joseph Smith's first vision in spanish. Me and my companion are really starting to work hard. We were teaching in a lesson and he was struggling with words, then all of a sudden he just starts crying and just bears his testimony on the church and the Book of Mormon. After that he has really buckled down and wanted to work hard with the learning and teaching in spanish. Yesterday we had the privilage to hear from Elder L. Tom Perry. Wow, talk about an apostalic witness of the Savior. There have been few other times when i felt the spirit as strong as i did during his testimony. He spoke with such conviction it was impossible not to feel the spirit.
Today I went to the temple, and who do i sit next to but my best friend and college buddy Derek Christianson. It was so funny.  I love that kid sooo much. I found out he is two floors above me in my residence, but we didnt see each other before cause we are always gone.  THEN, walking back from the temple i saw Katherine, the girl you met at the bookstore. I told her to write me and that it made my day to see her.
On another note, I am now playing soccer as a supplement to my basketball, and i dont mean to brag, BUT I AM AMAZING.... haha jk, but it is a lot of fun and the best workout I get here at the MTC.
We almost had an Elder go home this week, not for any rule breaking, but because he wasnt sure if he had a strong enough testimony to be here. BUT, after Elder L. Tom Perry's talk, he had a beautiful change of heart and is now working harder than ever.
Days are beginning to blend and I am honestly working so hard it doesn't matter what day it is to me. I was kinda bummed at first when my visa didn't show, but two seconds later I remembered the saying "you can't hug every cat" and I was fine. Besides, Dad always taught me not to worry about the things i dont have control over!
I cant wait to hear from ya'll and know that i love and miss you.
Quote from L Tom Perry's Talk "Priesthood is the means of Exhalation. Without it men are lost."
Also, sorry for the spelling errors Whitney. I hope they didnt bother you too much ;)
Lord Bless,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment