Wednesday, May 9, 2012

05/12/2012- First Letter Home

Elder Larson- just minutes before entering the MTC
Hello Everyone,
 
Welp, This is officially my first P-day here at the MTC (or CCM in Spanish). Let me just start by saying that it is amazing here! My first day here was awesome. I saw a lot of my college buddies and even some people from down in California that I knew. You wouldn't believe how fast it goes around here. 6:30 a.m to 9:30pm you are always doing something that the MTC has planned for you. I am exhausted, but you know what, I have never been happier or more excited. My spanish and gospel teacher Hermano Miller is a super great guy and is awesome. My companion Elder Burgi is an awesome companion. He has the reddest hair you have ever seen and is 1 of 14 kids. (Bless that mother.) I was really excited that he was my companion. Our second day into the mission we were told that we were going to have to teach a lesson to an investigator that night, all in spanish. Let me tell you what, I was nervous, and Elder Burgi was as well. But somehow when I went in there to teach, all these words came flowing into my head as to what to say. Now, don't get me wrong, I might have misprounounced a few and had to think for a while, but I understood him and we were really able to have a conversaiontion..... IT WAS AWESOME!!!! We gave him a Book of Mormon to read and said that he should read it and if he had questions on anything to write it down and we would be back to understand them. So yeah, that was a lot of fun. I have also been playing basketball at the gym which is actually really fun as well. I will probably be pro when i get back.  So glad to be out here. The spirit is so strong and even though I am dead tired, working this hard never felt so good. I love you guys. Oh and congrats to Nate Cromar for graduating college. sorry if there are any errors in here...............
 
Remember: you can't hug every cat....but you can sure try.
Elder Larson
 
Dad and Elder Larson
Mom and Elder Larson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment