Monday, November 12, 2012

11/12/12

Dear Family,


I have officially experienced my first transfer. It was hard to leave the ward and my converts behind, but I want to get to know other parts of Peru. I am now in Huancayo and let me tell you.....IT IS FREEZING!!! I am now glad I came with gloves and a sweater. haha.  It feels like Ephraim in the fall here and it made me think of the deer hunt. Also, the elevation should help me to drop a few pounds (Mom, I don't know how much I've dropped because i don't have a scale). I have trouble walking up and down the hills but I am happy for the exercise. My Pensionista is awesome but i don't know why people think i can eat a truck load of food. I have to tell her to stop giving me food this week or my stomach will burst. 

My Companion is Elder Lopez he is also de Guatamala and will be finishing this change also. He works hard but I can tell he is excited to go home, but he works, so I am happy as a clown to be here with him. This Bishop here is hilarious. He reminds me of Brother Fifield and is a big help to the work. Also there are a lot of kids getting ready to go on a mission and they help us with exchanges.  The people here are a little bit richer than in Haunaco and don't really listen to us but I know there are people here ready and willing to listen. 

I know Christmas is coming up and i will be sending a package home in the next three weeks.... HOWEVER, you cannot open this package until Christmas!!! If you could send me the address of our house again that would be great!

I love you all so so so much i will send pics soon.... love ya hug those cats and if necessary eat them...

Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment